Topic: A New Mentality
by Pastor D.K. Olukoya
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 5-6
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Philippians 4:7-9
MEMORY VERSE: “Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.” – Isaiah 42:9
Spiritual warfare is not optional; it is mandatory. We must fight even if we fold our hands, the enemy remains an incurable fighter.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
EVERY POWER THAT HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO STEAL FROM YOU, I COMMAND THEM TO BE DISGRACED.
You need a new mentality to move to a new level. You need a change of orientation today.
Many years ago, some scientists carried out an experiment with a rat. The rat was put in a cylinder that had been measured by a ruler and fire was put at the bottom of the cylinder. As the temperature of the fire was increased, they measured how high the rat could jump. It then became clear that the hotter the fire was, the higher the rat jumped. However, a cover had been put on the top of the cylinder, so that any time the rat wanted to jump out, it would be prevented from escaping. The rat got to know after sometime that when it jumped too high in order to escape, it would bang its head against the cover. The cover was later removed for the rat to jump out, but because the rat had been used to hitting its head against the cover anytime it jumped high, it was still jumping half-length when freedom had been declared.
The greatest thing that the devil can use to threaten the life of a person is death. You are not free when you are afraid internally but “showing bold face” externally. That is why the devil fears the person who does not fear death. A child of God should not be afraid or be threatened by the spirit of death. Your victory has been assured on the Cross. Therefore, the power of death and the grave cannot have hold on you.
This seems to be the condition of many people in the house of God. They have been long declared free but their own mentality is still putting them in bondage. This is quite saddening. Why not claim freedom that Jesus Christ has made available to you through his vicarious death on the Cross at Calvary? Jesus has paid the maximum penalty for your sins.
Only believe in this sacrifice and you will be free from the burden of sin. Let today’s Bible passage match the description of your heart. Let virtues saturate and envelop your heart.
- Where men said there is no help for me, O God arise and give me help, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, let Thy hand hold me up and Your gentleness make me great, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, make Thy way straight before my face, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power assigned to tear my soul in pieces, fall down and die, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, continue to be my glory and the lifter of my head, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, empower me to abide in Your tabernacle and dwell in Your holy hill, in the name of Jesus.
- Every ungodly power troubling my star, I command you to be like the chaff which the wind driveth away, in the name of Jesus.